The word, ‘Deepavali’ means rows of lamps. The traditional Diwali Diyas or lamps have witnessed a makeover in past few years. Erstwhile they were the sole creation of the potter’s wheel but today they are being handled by creative designers and craftsman who paint and turn diyas in innovative shapes and pattern. What a fun if you can Decorate it by yourself easily ! !
- Clay Diyas of any shape and size
- Poster Color
- Gold annd Silver Fevicryl Color
- Good Quality paint brush
- Stones and kundan for Decoration
- Clear Varnish
- Soak Diyas in water for atleast an hour and remove dirt with a help of brush. Take out and let them dry completely.
- Paint the diyas using different poster colors. Let it dry.
- Apply Gold and Silver paint to enhance the color and brightness of the base paint. Dry completely.
- Stick Kundans and stone for decoration. If desired use some bells and Decorative ribbons (Ghota, Kinari etc.) also.
- After it dries completely, apply a layer of Clear varnish to get the shine and long lasting color effect.
- Decorate as desired on and around rangoli, on shelves or even gifting to enhance the festive feel.
- Enjoy Making them Yourself !